360 Degree Excavator/Digger Course above 10 tonnes (A59)
Novice, Semi-Experienced, Experienced Worker and Test Only are available.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway – where applicable).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for excavating duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground.
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials.
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers.
- Attach and remove buckets.
- Lift, move and place basic slung loads.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
It is recommended for all courses other than novice to have operational experience on the machine.
Candidates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test within the past two years.
Training Management / Supervisor
Training NVQs - National
Vocational Qualifications Health and Safety Training
Stay Safe - Online NVQ Portfolio
Even though as a country, many of us are on lockdown and isolation, we at Innov8 Training can continue with delivering NVQ qualifications using our electronic portfolio and distance learning.... more
Innov8 deliver "In House" training for Veolia UK
Innov8 have been delivering In House training for Veolia UK at their Dover Depot ... more